Attachements not recognized

All my attached Pdf's have been replaced by URL links. Yet, the pdfs are in the "storage" folder.

I expored items in Zotero with notes and files and them imported them to a new computer. The new computer was assigned different storage location in My Documents, instead of the previous computer Zotero default folder.

I have importing the zotero library different ways. The pdf's are always copied, but are not recognized in the zotero menu

I'm am using windows vista and firefox 3.
Thanks!
  • If you're trying to transfer your entire library from one computer to another, don't use export/import—see Transferring a Library.

This obviously shouldn't happen, though. If you e-mail us the RDF file (no PDFs, etc.) and reference this thread, we'll take a look. Also, what versions of Zotero were on each side?
  • Thanks for responding. I also tried the copy and paste method in two different locations (the default and in my documents). Both versions were 1.09. I can send you those files. What is the email?
  • By "copy and paste method" you mean copying the data directory, as detailed on that page? What happened when you tried? Because that, not export/import, is the method you want to use.

You can send the RDF to support@zot....org.
  • First, I had used the import/export command. To undo this, I deleted all contents in the new zotero directory. Then, I copied the old zotero file folder into the new zotero file folder (as described in the how-to).

I am sending the rdf with subject header Attachments not recognized
  • I deleted all contents in the new zotero directory. Then, I copied the old zotero file folder into the new zotero file folder (as described in the how-to).
    Right, and what happened after you did this? Did it not work?
  • Yes, it did not work. All the pdf files were replaced by URL links (the icon with the link chain in the bottom right hand corner)
  • That only might happen if you used export and import (though it shouldn't). If you properly replaced the data directory with the one from the other computer (where, presumably, the PDF files were correct), the library would look exactly the same, because nothing would have changed. Perhaps you replaced the wrong directory or copied the wrong files?