Cannot sync after moving items from group libraries to My library

Hi. I think something went wrong, but I don't know exactly what:

— After some months using My Library for my current research, and two additional (group) libraries: one for old research (pdf papers) and the other for my book collection (mainly bibliographic references without pdf files), I decided that it would be better merging the three, as I found no valid reason to keep them separated anymore.

— So I moved all the items in my group libraries to My Library. Everything seemed to be ok, and I also deleted some collections there and both group libraries linked to my Zotero's account. Files were sychronised (WebDAV), it seems that with no problems.

— After that I realised that the green arrow never stopped spinning. It seems that all the items moved (around 5000) were synchronised correctly, because when I log in to Zotero.org all the items seem to be there. But something went wrong at some point, probably because I deleted group libraries, made some changes in my computer (standalone, OSX) and, almost at the same time, I syncronised my library in my iPad (PaperShip).

— I was probably trying to do many things at the same time... I continued working with Zotero, hoping that it was going to be fixed by itself, but that never occurred, and the arrow is still spinning. I tried to restore my data to Zotero server (I see now that's a WRONG approach) but I couldn't, and I checked database integrity, finding some error that was properly fixed (should I be worried about this error?). But I have not been able to synchronise yet again. Zotero is working fine in my computer, but I rely on synchronisation in order to use it on my tablet.

Any suggestion?
Many thanks in advance.
  • You'd need to report a specific sync error together with an error report ID (i.e. provide the error ID and tell us exactly what happened right before):
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems
  • I am sorry. I feel so stupid... I did not report a specific error ID because I did not see any error concerning sync... and that was probably because —I see it now— the problem seemed to be that synchronisation with my iPad was not already finished when I closed PaperShip. Having this sync pending, the standalone version was never able to proceed with further synchronisations. I have spent this weekend watching the green arrow spinning, and just by letting PaperShip to finish sync everything works well again.

Sorry for wasting your time. And thank you for your reply as well.

ps. I am just thinking now on that error found when checking database integrity (I have no ID or further info about it)... having if fixed by Zotero itself, is there something I should worry about in the future? I mean if there is something that I can do to prevent this kind of issues to happen again, as I do not know how common/serious they actually are...
  • probably nothing to worry about, no.
  • You actually had a stalled sync on the server, which I cleared manually. Not sure how it happened, but as adamsmith says, nothing to worry about if things are working now.