SBL without ibid?

My institution uses SBL v2 but deprecates the use of ‘ibid’ for following mentions (looking at the comments it seems some do and others don’t!).

I have been able to amend it so that I have FIRST NAME, SURNAME, TITLE but how do I get it so that it only shows SURNAME, TITLE in any mentions that immediately follow (OK if a different citation intervenes)? For example:

1. George Eldon Ladd, The Gospel of the Kingdom: Scriptural Studies in the Kingdom of God (Wm. B Eerdmans Publishing Co, 1959), 43–45.
2. Ibid., 17.
3. Ibid., 45.
4. Ladd, The Gospel of the Kingdom, 41.
5. Ibid., 46–47.

The code I have starting at line 720 is:

<if position="subsequent">
<group delimiter=", ">
<text macro=""/>
<text macro="contributors-note"/>
<text macro="title-short"/>
<text macro="disambiguate-chapter"/>
<text macro="point-locators-subsequent"/>
</group>
</if>

I want to stick with Zotero if possible as it is so easy to use and works very well with Word 2016 on the Mac and any pointers where I am going wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
  • edited September 18, 2015
    the idea looks right, though you should never do this:
    <text macro=""/>
    if you don't want whatever used to be in that line, delete the whole line. Never call an empty macro. Invalid style may not work properly in other ways, too.

Also make sure you're actually applying the style in the document you're looking at: e.g. try it out in a fresh document. Check that the modified style comes up in the Zotero style editor/reference test pane.

If none of that helps, we'd need to see the full style. Post to gist.github.com, link to from here.