What will happen when I use out the free syncing storage

When I use out the free syncing storage, does zotero still synchronize the newly added files and leave the old files in local or it just stop syncing?
  • It stops syncing files. It continues syncing metadata.
  • This is why so many people considering sync the profile files through dropbox. I think I will be one of them.
  • I don't understand. How is that different from what any other sync service does? E.g. Dropbox does exactly the same (minus the metadata sync, of course).
    But either way, you should only place your Zotero profile in Dropbox if losing all your Zotero data irretrievably because of database corruption would not be a problem for you.

If you're not interested in playing Russian roulette with your data, there are various safe methods to sync files without Zotero storage, most notably using a 3rd part webDAV provider.
  • sorry, I did not say clearly. I wish the sync service will only upload the changed files to storage and leave the old files in local drive. Then there will be no need to worry about the shortage of storage offered by zotero freely.

Thanks for your remind about using dropbox to sync the profile files. I decide to use box as webDAV server to sync my files. It is large enough for me right now.

The university offers us 1T onedrive for business. But I cannot figure it out using webDAV. According to the topic in this forum, it seems not supported.