ID 717946878

Hello,

I can no more synchronizing my database Zotero from the server.

I already report this problem on my message of the Jun 25th 2015 with the report ID 1528338014 (but with discussion topic "troubleshooting"), and I've followed the advices in the response of Dan Stillman but the synchronizing is always impossible.

After that I thought that it could be a storage problem (as described in my second message of the Jul 6th 2015) so I bought 2GB storage, but the synchronizing is sitll failing.

Steps description and actions that I've done (after the +2GB) :
0. Make sure that I have the latest version of Zotero = 4.0.28.3
1. Close Firefox and delete de extensions.sqlite + extensions.sqlite-journal
3 start Firefox
2. Go the tools menu of Firefox menu, select web developer ->Browser Console, make sure the JS button is selected, click the arrow and make sure that Errors is checked
3. Look in the console for lines with URLS :

ReferenceError: dw_locktimer is not defined js.php:1:771748
TypeError: $tree.dw_tree is not a function js.php:1:360173
TypeError: History.getState is not a function _zoterowwwAll.bugly.1435774747.js:4478:20
L'utilisation de « getPreventDefault() » est obsolète. Utiliser « defaultPrevented » à la place.
js.php:1:0

4. Close Firefox and start it again
5. Open Zotero to get the report ID, the automatic synchronizing begin and after only 1 minute it stop Firefox to do anything like open a new tab or even close Firefox
6. CTRL ALT DEL -> open Windows task manager : the statut of Firefox is "No Response"
7. click of "End of task" for the line of Firefox
8. Open Firefox -> Complementary module -> Extension -> Zotero -> options -> Préférence -> unclick "automatic synchronizing"
9. Close Firefox, open Firefox
10. Open Zotero with the Z icon of the tools bar of Firefox
11. Click on the green icon for synchronizing
12. After ~ 1 minute Firefox is blocking again (I can't no close, no open a new tab, no going again on a tab already open), and the synchronizing is not progressing

What else can I do ?
Sorry for this long message, but I really need to get my data again and I've tried to follow all the advices I found on the "Zotero reporting problems" web page.
N.B. When I open "My library" in the Zotero web access, my references and collection are well there !
Thank you for you help.

G. Badet

p.s.
Firefox 40.0.3
Windows 7 Professionel, 2009
Système d'exploitation 32 bits
  • It sounds like you're just force-quitting Zotero while it's trying to sync. The next major version won't freeze like that, but for now you should just give it time to finish.
  • You're right, I've synchronized on a laptop during the night and it worked ! Thanks a lot