Zotero Toolbar / Plugin for Word for Mac 15.13.1

Does anyone know how to get the zotero toolbar to appear in Word for Mac 15.13.1?

I have installed and reinstalled, and I see that zotero is listed in my word online profile, but I can't find anyplace in Word that will allow me to show the toolbar.

Thanks.
  • let me add: I found 'templates and add-ins' but there is none listed for zotero.

Is there a way to find it manually?
  • I'm really keen to hear about this issue too?
  • Thanks, but my current trouble is with Word 2016. It worked fine in 11, but I can't get back to 11.
  • yeah, the same troubleshooting still applies, though.
  • I've done all that. I've even tried to go manually into Library-Application Support, and looked under Firefox, Mozilla, and Zotero trying to find the word for mac plug in to add it manually to the 'add-in's' in word.

I've reinstalled it several times, and I cannot find it, or any file, under those folders.
  • so you're saying you can't find Zotero.dot at all?
    It'd definitely be there, but you can also download it from
    https://github.com/zotero/zotero-word-for-mac-integration/raw/master/install/Zotero.dot

And just to be clear, because I'm a little confused by some of the things you say you've tried -- the next step would be to identify your Word Startup folder and copy that file into the folder.
  • Thanks for collective help - I've cracked it now... deleting old plug in/ add ons and re-booting both Zotero standalone and Word. The Zotero icons are in a separate 'add on' tab in a new word doc rather than in the toolbar...
  • I guess this is too much for my really limited technical ability.
    No, I cannot find zotero.dot at all.

So, that zotero.dot file should go in the Word startup folder?

And I cannot get zotero standalone to work --it says profile missing. I've gone into the library/application support/zotero folder and there is nothing there. I've looked at the pages that address and cannot find any of the files it says ought to be there.

I've done complete uninstall and reinstall as well.
  • And I cannot get zotero standalone to work --it says profile missing.
    If you can't even start Zotero, you'd certainly need to address that before dealing with any Word issues. Do you expect to have an existing local Zotero database? Have you run Zotero before on this computer?

If you're not expecting to have local data, you can try deleting the Library/Application Support/Zotero folder and restarting Zotero, which should cause that folder to be recreated.