Error report 1981310283

My settings were not showing that I had the MSWord addin installed (even though I was using it) - so I was unable to set citation preferences. Therefore I tried to add it again and next time I opened Firefox it told me there had been an error in the installation and now there is an error in opening Zotero.
  • Is the best thing to reinstall Firefox and Zotero (and addin)?
  • I'd first try restarting your computer. If that doesn't help, sure, you can reinstall Firefox (make sure you backup your Zotero database: https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#backing_up_your_zotero_library ), though unless you're in a huge hurry, we can likely troubleshoot this with less drastic steps. We'd need this:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#reporting_startup_errors
  • Hi

The restart enabled Zotero to open ok, but every time I open Firefox I get a pop-up saying "Zotero Word for Windows Integration - Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that Microsoft Word is closed, and then restart Firefox." I have tried doing as it stated a number of times, to no effect.

The preferences menu within Zotero for Firefox is still saying that the "MS Word add in is currently not installed" (although I am using it, which means it must be - confused!). Because it doesn't think it is installed it means I can't alter my preferences for citations.

I deleted the specified extension files (although it didn't say anything about the extension.json file on that page, so I left that one).

These are the browser console errors listed:
    ReferenceError: dw_locktimer is not defined js.php:1:771748
    TypeError: $tree.dw_tree is not a function js.php:1:360173
    TypeError: History.getState is not a function _zoterowwwAll.bugly.1435774747.js:4478:20
    TypeError: History.getState is not a function _zoterowwwAll.bugly.1435774747.js:4478:20
    ReferenceError: dw_locktimer is not defined js.php:1:771748
    TypeError: $tree.dw_tree is not a function js.php:1:360173
    TypeError: History.getState is not a function _zoterowwwAll.bugly.1435774747.js:4478:

Thanks
  • A couple more have popped up -

uncaught exception: Could not remove C:\Users\brockett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\Zotero.dot <unknown>
    TypeError: this._recipeManager is null LoginManagerParent.jsm:215:16
  • edited September 9, 2015
    Try removing this file:
    C:\Users\brockett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\Zotero.dot

then re-install the Word add-on. If that fails, make sure that you have write permissions to the STARTUP folder in the filepath above.
  • It is saying I can't delete the file as it is open in MS Word (it isn't, nor is MS Word open).

I have admin permission - is that the same thing as 'write permissions'? It didn't give me the option to give permission though.
  • Restart your computer.