publisher-place for newspaper articles?

Is there an easy way to wake up the publisher-place field for newspaper article entries?

I'm looking at a rule in a style guide that says, "Include the place of publication in ordinary roman type in parentheses following the name of the newspaper if not clear from the name." The example cite looks like this:
Trial Judge Will Not Give Enquiry Evidence, Times (London), June 13, 1990, at 3.
I see a Place field for book entries, if it were included for newspapers as well (or for articles generally), the CSL for this would be straightforward.

[Update: Found where this happens, in the database setup commands in system.sql. I have done a patch that includes this field in a freshly created database, and upgrades an existing database through schema.js. Putting up the patch in a separate posting below.]
  • Ticket created. I've removed the patch, which isn't necessary for schema updates. (We have a tool to generate the schema SQL, and migration steps aren't necessary for system.sql.) This also can only happen in 1.5, as 1.0 is receiving no more schema changes (since some people still run it on Firefox 2, which has corruption problems with large database transactions).
  • Great stuff. Thanks!
  • edited December 30, 2008
    since some people still run it on Firefox 2, which has corruption problems with large database transactions
    I noticed that on the forums you urge everybody to upgrade to Firefox 3 because of these corruption problems. Although it's probably not a good idea to mark Firefox 2 as incompatible with Zotero because of the existing install base (with some users unable or unwilling to upgrade to Firefox 3), I do think it would be wise to upgrade the minimum requirements which are listed on the front page. I guess that Flock 1.x and Netscape Navigator 9 are also affected, as they're both Gecko 1.8.1, so I'd suggest only Firefox 3.0 and Flock 2.0.