missing of wrong year and other info

Hello all,

Is there a way to tell zoterro to check certain entries for the correct info? For example I have an entry that I have introduced by hand or got it from an unknown source and I would like to tell zoterro to go and check if the info is correct.

My database was imported from EndNote (free at last!) and I have ended up with a lot of articles that show 0000 for the year but the title is correct. Zoterro could easily check these articles and get the right data off the internet.

Is there such a way? Or is it in the works? It could be very useful. Also an automated way to rename the pdf files for the entire database would be useful. At the moment I can only do it manually for each entry at a time. It would be nice to be able to choose how the files are renamed. For example I like to rename my files much like LateX keys: first_authorYEAR and then a letter (a, b, c etc.) to differentiate for multiple entries by the same first author in the same year. This is just a thought, but I think it would supercharge Zoterro!

Cheers,

Lucian
  • Ok I have discovered ZotFile which works great to rename files and does what I want. Now if it was possible to correct the missing info I would be a really happy researcher :)
  • Metadata updating is planned, but not yet implemented. The fastest way right now will usually be to enter the DOI or PubMed ID with the Magic Wand button on the Zotero toolbar, then merge the items.
  • no, there's is no way to automatically complete/fix data. Fixing is actually quite hard, even if we were to implement the complete option, which is generally planned.
    It would have been pretty easy to get rid of the 0000 in the Endnote export, but I assume that's now too late.