Harvard/pp

Hi there,

I am trying to format my citations for a journal that uses a Harvard style. I browsed the style repository to find a style that most closely resembles the journal's specifications (Emerald Harvard). The references look mostly as they should (with commas between the different parts of each reference), but I would like to get rid of "p." and "pp." in both the references and the parenthetical citations.

For the journal, parenthetical citations should look like so:
(Wolf 2013: 213)

But with Emerald Harvard, they look like this:
(Wolf, 2013, p. 213)

I am also citing a video recording, and the "p."/"pp." comes up in those citations, which is another problem.

I looked into making changes to the CSL file, and while I might delve into this in the future, I don't currently have the knowledge base to address my immediate needs.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Not quite sure what type of assistance you're looking for? Changing the CSL style is the only way to change the appearance of citations. You can see if you can find another good matching using
    http://editor.citationstyles.org/searchByExample/ , though unfortuantely that won't let you include the way pages are shown in the citation to search for.

The main style I know that uses the colon before page numbers is American Sociological Association, but there are a good number of others.

What journal is this for?
  • The journal is Studies in Musical Theatre. It's a UK journal published through Intellect.

Thanks for that link--I think I can pick a close one and play around with it in the visual editor. (What a handy tool!)