Word 2016 Keyboard Shortcut

2»
  • @dstillermann:
    Thanks. But I did follow the instructions and there I cannot select any Macros.

I mention the other dialogue above to show that the Zotero Macros are apparently available in Word but just not through the route in the instructions (whereas they were just two days ago).

• That's some sort of problem with Word, then. The plugin is clearly creating the macros. You can try closing Word and deleting Normal.dotm to see if that helps.
  • Thanks. I will try this maybe later. One last thought. I was also adding another Word shortcut via System preferences > Keyboard > App Shortcuts > Application: Word, Menu Title: Keep text only.

Since this didn't work as intended I deleted this shortcut. Maybe these two shortcuts interfered.
  • That's almost certainly not related.
  • Finally, the fix was:

Close Word completely.

Open Finder > Cmd + Shift + G > ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content/Templates (or use the terminal to locate this folder)

Change the name of normal.dotm to something else (e.g. normalold.dotm) or delete the file.

Restart Word > open a new blank document. The normal.dotm will be automatically re-created.

Now the Macros for Zotero should appear again for setting a shortcut.

Thanks for all your help!
  • Hopefully an easier fix...

In Word > Tools > Customize Keyboard

Under "Specify a Command - Categories" select "Macros"

Under "Commands" select "ZoteroAddEditCitation"

Click "Press new keyboard shortcut" type your keyboard macro; click "Assign"; Click "Okay"

• @Lilras01: No, those are just the standard steps we document. The issue above was due to a problem in the Word installation, causing the Zotero macros not to appear in that dialog.

Closing this thread, which is no longer useful.
This discussion has been closed.