Problem with Snapshot.

I have some problem with snapshot.
On Zotero preferences under general tab i selected only automatically attach associated PDFs but every time when i collect journal biography data from web page( NCBI - pubmed) that no pdf or i can not access Zotero still collect snapshot page that i do not want because it not necessary and make firefox long freeze (both on add and delete) and take a lot flash drive disk space. Some page zotero collect both snapshot & pdf ( Ex.http://edrv.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/21/1/90). Any way to solve this problem ?

Other suggestions
1. Can resize or close right-column to in crease mid column
2. Background collect data don'n freeze firefox
3. Optional to turn of immediately search (start search after enter / click button)
4. Add author column field to mid-column
5. Optional to hide top button & column label for increase working area. it not it not necessary during collect data

thanks
Pakhorn
  • edited December 21, 2008
    With regard to your problem that both the PDF and a snapshot are saved for the provided link, even though the "Automaticaly take snapshots ..." pref is unchecked: I can reproduce this issue with Zotero 1.0.7. Surprisingly though, when the other pref, "Automatically attach associated PDFs ...", is deselected as well, no snapshot is saved. This behavior is present both with and without institutional access to the PDF.

For the other suggestions:
    1) the right column can be resized (drag the dividing bar between the columns), but has a minimum width so that all the text on the tabs can be shown.
    3) there is a trick here to avoid instant search: when typing your search string, start with a double quote
    4) by default the creator field is shown in the middle column, right? For most items, the creators will be the authors.
    5) doesn't it make more sense to just close the Zotero pane when collecting data and you don't need access to your Zotero library? That gives you far more space.
  • thanks Rintze for your suggestions and i wait for you to fix this issue.

i found other problem with scienceDirect web page that error when collect biography data and have author name in France latter it replaced with "?" symbol but not found when collecte data form NCBI-PubMed (same article) Example here.(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6WSN-4C6BNMN-BV/2/ce0aec88ad4ae02463acc508252a1975) & (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8462104?dopt=Citation)

For the other your suggestions:
    1. For me really want to hide right-column to increase horizontal space of mid-column, on mid-column i usually show Year,author, title and + fields especially on title field it have long text and i need to see most as possible that easy to find for open attached pdf file (now Zotero is my pdf management tool.)

5. During search and Collect data I all way open zotero (half of screen) for ensure data has collected or not repeat collect and many time i need to switch collection for difference project
  • Snapshot/PDF issue should be fixed in the latest 1.0 dev build, and the fix will be in 1.0.8. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.