pb with sync

hi,

Zotero is a fantastic tool and I really appreciate to use it to create my bibliography for MBA report.

Small problem is that I get a permanent error message ID 557715797 and cannot retrieve on one of my two PC the 'snapshot' that were made on the other PC.

The sync error is the same on the two PC. I already reset the sync history on the two PC, without any positif effect. I still miss 48 files, according to the sync pop-up.

I greatly appreciate some help.

Best Regards, Emmmanuel
  • [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIZipReader.extract]" nsresult: "0x80520015

Le fichier 'C:\Users\Emmanuel\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\spbu2ocr.default\zotero\storage\EKWCG9C3\b15.js' ne peut pas être créé.
    You're getting this for a couple files, most likely due to security software on your system blocking the saving of JS files. (Whether there's anything problematic in those files is hard to say, but they came along with snapshots you took on another computer.) You can either whitelist the Zotero data directory in your security software (if possible) or delete the files that show up by searching for them in Zotero, deleting the attachment items, and emptying the trash.
  • Hi Dan

I currently use Comodo Internet Security on my 2 PC.
    I added Zotero as a trusted software in the Antivirus, Defense +, HIPS protection... and I synced more and more files, without determining what is the proper setting for comodo internet security.

If someone has faced this issue and found a 'proper' setting for Comodo, I'm interrested, since even with Comodo fully down, I get some sync pb (!).

There are no other security software on my pc, therefore I don't really understand what's going on... anyway, it's done and Zotero is fully sync now.

I once more thank you and go back to my MBA report !

Best regards, Emmanuel