Frontiers of microbiology

Greetings,

I have a problem with the frontiers of microbiology biblio. format.

Outputs:
van Zijderveld, S. M., Gerrits, W. J. J., Apajalahti, J. A., Newbold, J. R., Dijkstra, J., Leng, R. A., et al. (2010). Nitrate and sulfate: Effective alternative hydrogen sinks for mitigation of ruminal methane production in sheep. Journal of Dairy Science 93, 5856–5866. doi:10.3168/jds.2010-3281.
Should be:
van Zijderveld, S. M., Gerrits, W. J. J., Apajalahti, J. A., Newbold, J. R., Dijkstra, J., Leng, R. A., et al. (2010). Nitrate and sulfate: Effective alternative hydrogen sinks for mitigation of ruminal methane production in sheep. J. Dairy. Sc.i 3, 5856–5866. doi:10.3168/jds.2010-3281.

Journal should be abbreviated with periods and italicised. It doesn't do it 100% of time strangely i.e sometimes it abbreviates no problem.

Thanks a lot,
Elizabeth
  • How are you generating those citations exactly? The style should do that right.
  • I'm doing 'create bibliography from item.' Frontiers of Micro. is highlighted, copy to clipboard, then ok.

I still get:
    van Zijderveld, S. M., Gerrits, W. J. J., Apajalahti, J. A., Newbold, J. R., Dijkstra, J., Leng, R. A., et al. (2010). Nitrate and sulfate: Effective alternative hydrogen sinks for mitigation of ruminal methane production in sheep. Journal of Dairy Science 93, 5856–5866. doi:10.3168/jds.2010-3281.

Sometimes it works fine minus the italics:
    Shi, C. X., Meng, Q. X., Hou, X. Z., Ren, L. P., and Zhou, Z. M. (2012). Response of Ruminal Fermentation, Methane Production and Dry Matter Digestibility to Microbial Source and Nitrate Addition Level in an in vitro Incubation with Rumen Microbes Obtained from Wethers. J. Anim. Vet. Adv. 11, 3334–3341.

But I can't find any rhyme or reason.
  • Automatic journal abbreviations only work with the word processor add on. Otherwise zotero uses whatever is in the journal abbr. Field and absent that falls back to publication
  • Ah ok, thanks! I forgot about that. Work fine now.