Local files

Hi everyone
I have uploaded all my attachments through webdav to box.com. I was wondering whether the local files saved in my computer will be automatically deleted? They takes up huge storage and I want to clean them up.
  • no. Zotero is principally local software with an option to sync files online, not the other way around.

It's _possible_ to delete local files if you really want to, but because it's not intended usage, it's not user-friendly (you'd have to identify the files on your harddisk, delete them there (but not in Zotero) and then set sync to "as needed".)
  • Thanks. Then if I delete those local files, will the files in the cloud be affected?
  • no, just make sure you delete the files through your file system. If you delete anything in Zotero (meaning in the software), those deletions _will_ propagate to the cloud.
  • This is an old thread, but I wanted to chime in here to say that this would be a super desirable feature for me as well. Ideal case for me would be to store files in the cloud and then download on demand, and have them automatically or manually delete from my hard drive. Then, it might also be useful if I could "whitelist" specific files or collections to be exempt from automatic deletion.