date added format changed

Hi

In the last update that came for Zotero 4.0.27.7 and also in 4.0.28, the date format for my Date Added field in Zotero has changed to the US format - MM/DD/YYYY.

I've followed the steps listed in this forum post - https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/6797/zotero-appearance-how-do-i-change-date-format-in-date-added/#Item_39
and found changing the locale to en-GB, has changed the date to DD.MM.YYYY but I don't remember needing to do this before when I was using Zotero. Is this possibly a recent bug that has slipped in?

I'm using Mac OS 10.7.5, Firefox 39.0 and Zotero Standalone with the Firefox Add-on.

Thanks

Nick
  • Is this only in Standalone, or also in Zotero for Firefox with Standalone closed?
  • edited July 31, 2015
    Dan

This is in Standalone both with Firefox open and closed. I don't have Zotero for Firefox as I'm using the standalone version with the Firefox extension.

Thanks

Nick
  • The Firefox connector is just Zotero for Firefox with Standalone open. Close Standalone and you'll see your library in Zotero for Firefox.
  • Dan

ok, it now appears when I've got my Library appearing at the bottom of the Firefox window, it's showing the date as DD.MM.YY but if I then open Zotero Standalone with Firefox still open, the date then shows as MM/DD/YY (this is with the config settings that the forum post said to change in the Standalone reset to default)

Thanks

Nick
  • Not sure if this is relevant or not, but when I highlight an item in my library (using Zotero Standalone) the date modified is displayed correctly in the item details pane but not the list

Cheers

Nick