Copy links to files between personal and group libraries

I wonder if it is possible to copy links personal and group libraries. In the Settings there is an option to copy "child notes", "child snapshots ...", "child links", but I think links are meant in a different meaning.

Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Links to files don't work in groups, currently, because in most cases they'd just break on different machines.
  • edited July 28, 2015
    I see your point, thank you. But since Zotero supports relative links it would be an option. As you see, the typical usecase is to provide some shared storage which is mounted under the relative point and sync the links over a group library.
  • but relative links don't work for groups at this point. Once they do, links for groups will be enabled, too.
  • Ok, thanks, I didn't know that. It's actually a reasonable point :)
  • Adam - just curious: any thoughts as to if or when you might have relative links implemented for groups?
  • No. I don't think it's a priority among the core Zotero team, but it could definitely be done by someone else -- as was the case for relative links for linked files.
  • Also read this: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/50369/attach-link-to-file-in-group-library/

I don't have the tech skills to implement this, but am willing to support in whatever way I can, such as testing, documentation or $ contribution. Anyone??