Zotero/Juris-M in FF (account data & sync)

Dear all, we are working with Zotero/Juris-M in FF exclusively, and I need to clear FF/local data/sync functions in one of my Windows user accounts in order so get access to a different Zotero/Juris-M account. Removing Juris-M, cleaning FF data and running CCleaner does not work: every time I install Juris-M, the former library data pop up. (I am working with 2 separate Windows user accounts for exactly that reason.)
Furthermore, there are always a couple of items that are resistant zu syncing and updating (has been that way for weeks now): if we edit and move these entries from one collection, and manage to sync successfully, they will pop up again after a couple of days in the very collection(completely edited) ... it is no trouble at all to correct and move a couple of items couple of times ... but for weeks?
Any help is appreciated.
Best regards, Bettina Rabe
  • edited July 28, 2015
    It sounds like you are getting a fresh copy of a previously installed Zotero or MLZ library.

If you really want to start over, these steps will do it for you on that machine:

(1) gear menu -> Preferences -> Advanced. Select the "Files and Folders" tab, and click "Show Data Directory."

(2) With the file manager still open, close the Preferences popup and quit Firefox.

(3) In the file manager, you should find a file "jurism.sqlite" and another file "zotero.sqlite". Rename them.

(4) Restarting Firefox should create an empty Juris-M library, with no account information. From there, proceed as per normal.
  • Dear Frank Bennett,
    as for the "empty" account: it DOES work (nearly exactly as you described it, the rest was self-explanatory), THANK you very much. I will keep on ...
    Yours sincerely, Bettina Rabe