Firefox refreshed and stripped out my zotero library

Firefox asked me if I wanted to "refresh", which I stupidly did, and it stripped out my zotero add-ons. I had no idea it was going to do this, it didn't warn that it would. Luckily I have unlimited storage on the Zotero server and my library is all there. I decided to reinstall zotero as a standalone on my mac with a firefox connector.

When I open Zotero standalone, I see all my entries, but the attachments linked to them are all coming back with the error message "The attached file could not be found. It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero."
I see that the little blue radio button and the green arrow spinning. But the bar between them is not filling up. Is this just a matter of time and patience? Will waiting eventually re-sync everything so that the attachments will be linked to the entries?? Or is something wrong??

There is a folder on my mac desktop that says "Olf Firefox Data." Inside is a zotero folder with many multiple folders, including one that says "storage" and it too has many multiple folders - altogether 11.71 GB for 23,372 items.

What to do get everything back to right.

By the way -- in the next month I'll be purchasing new Mac computers, and will want to install a zotero standalone or zotero for firefox. Will the procedure be straightfoward? download, install, and sync??