Report ID 1354501167 (File sync error)

Hello. When attempting to sync with Zotero (4.0.27.5) in Firefox, I receive the following error:

"A file sync error occurred. Please restart Firefox and/or your computer and try syncing again.

If the error persists, there may be a problem with either your computer or your network: security software, proxy server, VPN, etc. Try disabling any security/firewall software you're using or, if this is a laptop, try from a different network."

Of course I've tried restarting - both Firefox and the computer - but the error persists. There is also no issue as far as I'm aware with the network connection - it's a university network, with which I've never had any trouble in the past.

I will try a different network connection when I get home tonight - but I doubt that this is the problem in this case.

Any suggestions?

Cheers :)
-james
  • edited July 16, 2015
    Hash not found in info response in Zotero.Sync.Storage.ZFS.getStorageFileInfo()
    This is almost certainly your network or something on your system. For starters, you should uninstall PremierOpinion, which is malware, and run a check of your system for other malware.

If you still have trouble after that, let us know.
  • Hello Dan.

I have removed PremierOpinion, and run a malware check - several further malware applications also turned up, and annoyingly not all of them are gone even after supposedly being deleted...

The good news is, though, that Zotero is now synced - so I assume whichever process was causing the problem has been deleted, or at least blocked for the time being.

Thanks for your help with this - I now just need to figure out how to completely rid my system of adware (and work out which rogue installer or whatever it was that put it there in the first place).

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers :)
    -james