Zotero traslators broken (Error report code 2109570974)

I just sent an error report (with code# 2109570974) concerning the following issue. Today I noticed that I cannot import any bibliographic data to my Zotero libraries from any of the online library catalogs usually supported (I've been trying British Library, Library of Congress, etc.; as well as Amazon.com,.de and .uk, and other websites). Zotero's traslators library seems broken everywhere and nothing appears in the Firefox address bar (apart from the addres of the website itself, of course).

I'm using both Zotero plug-in with Firefox (including OpenOffice and MS Word extensions) and Zotero Standalone; I have them installed in two different computers: a Samsung laptop at home, and an HP desktop at my working place. Both machines are running on Windows 7; operating system is fully updated on both, with the latests security patches, as is Firefox, too (version 38.0.5 on both machines). I also have other complements installed on Firefox aside from Zotero, of course (a different set of complements in each of the two machines).

I checked that the Zotero version was up to date; updated the standalone to the latest version, and tried repeatedly to update automatically the traslator from Z's "options" panel. Thereafter, I tried to troblesoot the issue following some of the steps suggested on the documentation. Including deletion and resetting of traslator's library on Z's profile files, both automatically from Z's "advanced options" panel, and with manual deletion directly performed over the "Traslator" files on Z's profile; then trying to restablish and afterwards freshly update traslators. All of this to no avail.

However, I did not try eliminating the other Firefox complements and then reinstalling them to check if any of them conflicts with Zotero (I did have a look at the "Complements with known comatibility issues" on Z's documentation, and none of my installed Firefox complements is listed as incompatible there), as I do not have time to go on trying to fix this issue; and on the other hand, chances are that the cause of this problem lies elsewhere, anyway. I hope someone checks this issue and has it solved, though, as I need very much Zotero for my daly work. I'd greatly appreciate that! Thanks.
  • https://www.zotero.org/blog/zotero-4-0-27-streamlined-saving-easier-bibliography-language-selection-and-more/

(When you upgraded, you should have seen a guidance panel pointing to the new button.)
  • Ah, it was just soooo silly... The new Zotero "combi" button, of course, was hidden on my Firefox's "Customize" icons panel; I found it right there, activated it, and it operates in a quite obvious and intuitive way (though, for some reason, no guidance panel showed up when my Zotero version got updated - some other of my Firefox add-ons may well have interferred with this).

I think we can deem the issue "solved" and close it. Thanks for the cue, Dan!
  • Hmm, well, the guidance panel wouldn't have appeared if the combo buttons weren't in the toolbar, but they should've been in the toolbar by default. Not sure why that wasn't the case for you. Glad you found it, in any caseā€¦