Word for Mac plugin failed, gives errors when I try to reinstall

I saw tonight when I looked at the Add-ons page in Firefox 39.0 that both Zotero and the Zotero Word for Mac Integration plugin would update when I restarted. I restarted, and since then every time I try to update the Word for Mac plugin I get an error message. When I try to reinstall from within the Zotero preferences, I get:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.createInstance]" nsresult: "0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: resource://zotero-macword-integration/installer.jsm :: Plugin</this.install :: line 65" data: no]

If I try to use the plugin in Word (Office 2011, though I did have and removed the Office 2016 beta), where the toolbar does appear as normal, I get:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library /Users/XXXXXX/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/XXXXXXX.default-1406845262863/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/resource/libzoteroMacWordIntegration.dylib: Unknown error: -2804" {file: "file:///Users/XXXXXXX/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/XXXXXX.default-1406845262863/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]'[JavaScript Error: "couldn't open library /Users/XXXXXXXX/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/XXXXXXX.default-1406845262863/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/resource/libzoteroMacWordIntegration.dylib: Unknown error: -2804" {file: "file:///Users/XXXXXX/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/XXXXXX.default-1406845262863/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 48}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getDocument]

(I XXXXXXXed out my user name and the default Firefox profile's name.) I've tried removing that plugin folder manually and reinstalling the plugin, and after I did it looks like I have the same components in the folder I removed that I did in the folder I had initially.

Can anyone suggest additional steps before I make a new Firefox user and try it there?