accessed date field - how to clear it ?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to clear all accessed dates in my library.
Is there a way to do it easily ?

Thank you !
Julie
  • No way to do it via Zotero UI, but if you're feeling a bit adventurous and aren't afraid of writing some simple code, you could use Zotero API to do it. https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/client_coding/javascript_api#examplebatch_editing If you're interested we can provide more guidance.

On the other hand, if you're trying to solve some sort of problem by clearing the accessed date, there might be better ways to do it. If you provide more details we can probably come up with a better solution.
  • edited July 12, 2015
    Thank you for your quick answer !

I'm looking for a solution for a friend who uses LaTex and therefore needs to export his library in BibTex format. I do not use LaTex myself so I'm trying to understand his problem.
    He tells me that the accessed dates of all his cited references are present in his bibliography, which is a problem. I didn't understand how citation styles are handled in BibTex, but there must be a way to edit it to remove this field from the bibliography (he uses the APA style).

He also wanted to autogenerate the citation key while exporting to BibTex format. I found information about a Better BibTex plugin (BBT), but he could not install it (did not find the proper link apparently).

[edit at 8:30pm, we managed to install better bibtex]

What do you think ?
    Thanks !