Zotero keeps creating a 'Desktop' folder

I'm using elementary OS (Freya) which by design has no real desktop, in the sense that there's no 'Desktop' folder where you can save files/folders.

Every time I open Zotero, it creates an empty 'Desktop' folder in my home/.

Why is Zotero doing this?, and can I stop it?

Cheers.
  • That's quite odd. Zotero doesn't save anything to the Desktop with default settings and so I don't see why it would try to create one. Any add-ons installed? And is this the Firefox or the Standalone version?
  • I'm using the standalone version of Zotero 4.0.23.3.

I have no add-ons that I can think of, but I also found no way to check this in the app (perhaps this is something that can only be done in the Firefox version?)

Is there any way to debug this? I am 100% sure Zotero is creating this folder (it is immediately created upon opening Zotero)
  • add-ons would be under tools --> add-ons, but if you don't know about that, you likely don't have them (since you need to go there to install).

From this:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/elementaryos/+bug/1088260
    it sounds like it's a Firefox/Freya bug (not sure whose bug to call this). The Standalone version still relies on what's basically Firefox under the hood. Looks like that thread suggests some workaround towards the bottom.
  • Thank you Adam, I'll subscribe myself to the bug over there.