Zotero API request and modified translator file

Hello,

I modified my local TEI translator file (TEI.js) and I want to access my own private online Zotero group library via API request (e.g. https://api.zotero.org/groups/<groupID>/items?format=tei&v=3&key=<key>;)

Is it possible that an API request uses modified translator files (or modified citation styles)?

Thanks
Franziska
  • No, you can't use custom translators via the API, if that's what you mean. You'll be able to use custom citation styles in the next week or so, though. Keep an eye on zotero-dev for an announcement. (API questions should also generally be posted there.)
  • I am just curious about your modifiend TEI translator. @FranziHorn: Is this a costumization or could it be interested to more people?
  • Thank you for the hints! That is good to know that it is now possible to use custom citation styles. It would be great if it could be possible to use custom translators via the API in the future.

@zuphilip: We added some code to export shorttitles and we tried to export formatting in titles tei-conform (e.g. italic or superscripted text). The latter means that Zotero's tags for formatting (e.g. <i></i> and <sup></sup>) are replaced by the TEI tags (e.g. <hi rend="italics"></hi> and <hi rend="sup"></sup>).
  • we'd love to take both of these for the general TEI translator.
  • @FranziHorn: I agree with @adamsmith that these changes would be very interesting for the general TEI translator. In that way everybody can benefit from your optimization. How about a contributing your improved TEI translator?
  • Thank you for the offer! In the near future, we will submit our translator.