Make replicants of subcollections

I really like the way that zotero allows you to put an item in any number of collections of subcollections, and the ability to have it highlight which folders the item is in (by pressing the Option key, on mac).

I wonder if the same could be done for subcollections. It's always a nuisance to have to decide which category a folder should go into, and one of the great features of Devonthink (for mac) is its ability to let you create what it calls "replicants" of folders by holding down Command+Option while dragging a file or folder. Replicants are essentially links to a single item, rather than duplicates; they stay the same wherever they are. I'm not sure if zotero's database would allow for this, but it would be nice if it did.
  • edited December 16, 2008
    If I follow, you're asking if you could put the same subcollection in multiple places. You can already get this sort of behavior with tags and the tag selector. You can also mimic this behavior through a saved search. For example if you create a search for "collection" is "your subcollection" you can dupe all the items inside that collection in an additional smart collection.