troubleshooting

Hello,

I can no more synchronizing my database Zotero from the server. Here the id report errors : 1528338014

I have the following versions :
Zotero 4.0.26.4 (plugin with Firefox)
Firefox 38.0.5 (Mozilla Firefox EU, euballot 1.1)
Windows 7 Professionel, 2009
Système d'exploitation 32 bits

On my zotero Firefox database I do not have any reference while on my "mylibrary" from the Zotero webaccess my database is complete

When I open Firefox, before my homepage appears, I get this error report :
"La base de donnée Zotero "zotero.sqlite" semble avoir été corrompue. Vos données ont été récupérées à partir de la dernière sauvegarde automatique faite le 25/6/2015 à 08.23.59. Le fichier endommagé a été enregistré dans votre dossier Zotero.
I'm getting this message everydays since several weeks.

When I look in the Zotero savings on my PC in AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\c2jyra38.defautl\Zotero, the file Zotero.sqlite contains only 1012 Ko and is not moving unless the synchronizing is running

And finnally each time I open Zotero on Firefox, the synchronizing is running during all the day without success or from today is blocking Firefox from any other action. I have to pass through the task manager from windows to close Firefox.

For information I also use Zotero with 2 one laptop and one PC

Thanks a lot for any help to recover my data.
  • edited June 25, 2015
    For the corruption message, to be safe you should probably just delete the zotero.sqlite file and restart Firefox to let it start from a fresh database. If you continue to get that message after that, there's a serious problem on your computer.

For syncing, it sounds like Zotero is trying to sync your full library and you're killing it. If you don't let it finish, the same thing will happen again.

(Zotero 5.0 will allow Firefox to remain responsive during very large syncs like this.)
  • Like you recommended, I have deleted the zotero.sqlite files and restarted Firefox and the synch ran until 95'548ko but not further even if I let it synch several hours (even one night) and my collections and references still do not appear whereas on my webaccess there are still there.

Maybe I have too many references, is this could be the problem ?

I've seen on my webacces that I have 4605 reference that could be deleted, and for the total I should have ~ 7000 references

Two months ago I've changed my PC, could I copy
    my old Zotero directories from my old PC on the new one ?

Thanks for your help