Add to collection by drag and drop not working always

The only way I know to add an zotero item to another collection, is dragging it to the collection icon in the left tree pane. By hovering over the collection the collection should light up.

However, using firefox 38 on linux this does not work always. Sometimes the collection does not light up. An example is shown in this movie:
https://vimeo.com/131525684

Is this a known bug? Is there another (more relayable way) to add items to a collection?
  • It doesn't highlight if the item (or a copy of the item, in the case of a cross-library drag) is already in the collection.
  • It would be nice if zotero just highlights, and give a warning with the reason why it cannot copy. Now you never know if you did not move on the right place on the collection.

For the cross-library case it would be very helpfull if just a new copy is created. I prefer to have to many duplicates, then "losing" references. For the first thing zotero has the "find duplicate items" functionality, while for the latter there is nothing.
  • As intermediate solution, I propose that when an item/setofitems cannot be added to a collection, the items highlights in a different color, such that is is clear that the items is cannot be added. When adding multiple items at once, it should give a popup/infothing that states which items cause problems.