Old versions reappear when manually syncing a personal library with a group library

I have a problem after
- Creation of a group library
- drag-drop some references I want to share from my personal library into this group library.
- Modification of some items in the personal lib
- Deletion of the modified items in the group lib
- drag-drop a second time the modified items from my personal library into this group library.

-> the problem is that the modified items are still of the old version in the group lib…
  • edited June 18, 2015
    are you emptying the group library trash between step 4 and 5? (edited for correct step numbering)
  • I wasn't. I tried again and had the same problem after emptying
  • So you're positive you have fully deleted the item in the group library _and_ emptied the trash when you drag it again from your personal library?

If so, could you provide a debug ID that covers such a drag:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
    ideally with all other Firefox/Zotero add-ons disabled?
  • edited June 18, 2015
    another point: some items were in the trash when I emptied it but not the items I have problem with
  • are you sure you actually moved them to the trash then, rather then just removing them from a collection?
    Use right-click --> Move item to trash
    to be sure.
  • You get the point. It's ok now. thanks ! Nevertheless, this behaviour of zotero is not optimal.
  • smoother updating behavior when copying between libraries is planned. Might take a while, though.