Citation content not appearing

I just installed Zotero (FF version) and the Word plug-in. At first it was doing what I wanted. It created content for references and inserted the reference into a test document. However, when I opened a new Word document, it stopped inserting correctly. A citation number appears, but it is empty of content and doesn't appear at the bottom of the document. Can you help?
  • Be sure that you have clicked the add bibliography button. That is the way to have the bibliography inserted (where you placed your cursor. If this wasn't the cause of your problem you will need to better describe it so that the real experts can help. Start by telling us what bibliographic style you are using. What version of Word? What operating system?
  • Thanks! I don't want a bibiography. I just want notes, but that did make the note appear. Is that what normally happens? It's numbered. But a bibliography normally isn't.

I'm using the American Chemical Society w/titles style and Windows 7
  • You do want a bibliography and bibliographies are commonly numbered in the sciences. (You can tell it's a bibliography because you use the same number again if you refer to an article twice. Notes are always consecutively numbered).
  • Thanks. I hadn't realized that.
  • HELP. I refreshed Firefox and Zotero disappeared. I've downloaded it, but even though I've logged in, my libraries are all gone. How can I find them again?

Thanks.
  • edited July 22, 2015
    Many thanks. This is the best help forum I have ever encountered.