DOI errors after PUBMED scrape

I am having troubles with the DOI field in some papers I identified via pubmed.
The pubmed --> Zotero part was fine, but now I want the PDFs, so I use locate, which takes me to worldcat, and from there I find the article of interest, say

1. Mark A Popovsky, “Safety of RBC apheresis and whole blood donation in allogeneic and autologous blood donors,” Transfusion and Apheresis Science: Official Journal of the World Apheresis Association: Official Journal of the European Society for Haemapheresis 34, no. 2 (April 2006): 205-11, doi:S1473-0502(06)00023-1.

Worldcat tells me that it found the article:

Full text available via ScienceDirect Freedom Collection

and I press "GO",

but I am then sent to:

http://dx.doi.org/S1473-0502(06)00023-1?nosfx=y

Because the DOI is bad.

So, my first question is simply this... is this a pubmed problem, a zotero problem, a WorldCat problem or a ScienceDirect problem>
  • Oops, Ubuntu 8.1, FF 3.0.4, Zotero R1.5a1.r3867
  • edited December 12, 2008
    The XML data of your paper in pubmed shows in /PubmedArticle/PubmedData:

<ArticleIdList>
    <ArticleId IdType="pii">S1473-0502(06)00023-1</ArticleId>
    <ArticleId IdType="doi">10.1016/j.transci.2005.11.005</ArticleId>
    <ArticleId IdType="pubmed">16513425</ArticleId>
    </ArticleIdList>

So I guess that Zotero mistakenly harvested the pii-ID instead of the DOI when you saved the item from pubmed to your library.
  • Thanks! I wondered.

There are other complaints about this issue I believe, which I cannot find right now, . Shall I assume that this is "in progress?" or do I need to file a bug?
  • edited December 9, 2008
    Shall I assume that this is "in progress?" or do I need to file a bug?
    Ticket created: https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/1250
  • edited December 15, 2008
    The pubmed translator has been updated and this issue should now be resolved.

Your copy of Zotero should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Now in the General pane of the Zotero prefs.

You can reach the preferences from the Actions drop-down menu, accessible by clicking the gear icon in the Zotero toolbar.
  • Many thanks for the prompt response.