Organising quoted texts and notes

I am using the Standalone Client.

I understand I can attach a piece of quoted text to a bibliographic item, using a Note. Also my own summary notes.

But it does not seem useful to put all my quotes and my summary notes from one Item in the same Note.
This is because the quotes and notes from one item can range over many topics, and there can be as many as 30 - 150 selected quotes or annotations, from one item.

But making separate Notes per quote or summary note is also unworkable. Firstly it would mean every time recreating the Tags from the parent item manually, then usually editing them to delete or add, as Tags are not inherited as default.

Secondly I currently have a very manageable bibliog of 1,500 items. I can display it as a timeline.
I can display one author's work of up to 50 items.
Both displays are easy to scan and scroll to see patterns of development. I constantly check such displays.
To bulk a lot of these items with masses of linked Notes (as many as 30 or even 150) would wreck these useful compact displays.

Another issue I am looking at which is related, is that with a manageable set of about 50 Tags, I need to sub-categorise them.
For example Tag: Animals --- Dog Horse Pig.
I could use Tag: Animal1 Dog / Animal2 Horse/ Animal3 Pig.
But this will make my Tags set grow to around 250 Tags - awkward.

Advice is very welcome.