Foldershare or downgrade?

Hi, I have a quick question. I love Zotero and the development of the Synched version is essential for me. However, one of the critical functions of Zotero - synching annotations/highlighting of webpages - is not currently implemented yet. So I am considering an alternative workflow until this feature is implemented (and the beat program is a little further along).

1) One possibility. Apply the "Foldershare"-type solution that has been detailed for the Zotero 1 but in the context of Zotero Synch. Aside from the usual caveats (make sure that only one Firefox/Zotero open at a time), any special caveats I should consider in doing this?

2) A 2nd possibility would be to downgrade back to Zotero 1.0.7. However, I already built a relatively nice library with 3.5synch and I believe some things will be lost when I downgrade.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Alex
  • You can use any of the existing portable solutions with 1.5. In some cases you will just want to remove your username and password from the preference pane in Zotero so that your not double syncing.
  • Excellent. That's what I was hoping.

I have plenty of experience with Foldershare so I'll try to go that route (and hopefully when MS changes Foldershare to something called "Windows Live Sync" -apparently in a few days- they won't break it...).

Thanks,
    -Alex