About the sorting order of bibliography

I have a seemly stupid question. When using Zotero in Word, is it possible to sort the Chinese bibliography (in Chinese characters) when the export locale is still in en-US?

I have tried APA, Chicago and MLA. The Chinese bibliography in these styles are not in the right order. I wonder how they have sorted. Of course I could change the local language into Chinese, but it's much more bothering to revise the mainly part of the English Bibliography (like such words as 'in','eds','retrieved', et al.).
  • What sort ordering do you need for the Chinese entries? (Unicode code point order, pinyin, or other?)
  • Yes, in the order of Pinyin (of the author's family name). Usually it's a custom in Chinese paper writing.
  • For that, you will need to use an unofficial variant of Zotero that supports Asian languages and multilingual referencing. The latest version of it is called "Juris-M" (formerly "Multilingual Zotero"), and is available here:

https://juris-m.github.io/downloads

The "Library Client" linked in that page is an early release, but it should work for you. There is a bit of a learning curve with the multilingual functionality, but that's the nature of the beast. If you have any questions, feel free to post back here.
  • OK. I've heard something about Multilingual Zotero. It's really a good idea. Maybe I should have a try in my next paper.
    Many thanks.