"An error has occured. Please restart Zotero." [report 1776248202]

I just tried starting Zotero stand-alone after transferring my home directory from another laptop, and I'm now getting a the message in the title in the table view of every collection. I can see all of the collections in the side-bar.

Zotero starts fine inside inside Firefox, if Zotero stand-alone is closed. I've tried closing everything and re-opening.

I'm using version 4.0.26.3 (the latest standalone version). I'm using 4.0.26.4 in firefox.

I submitted error report 1776248202. The contents were:

[JavaScript Error: "bad script XDR magic number"]
[JavaScript Error: "bad script XDR magic number"]
[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageConnection.executeSimpleSQL]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.query :: line 149" data: no] [QUERY: update betterbibtex.autoexport set collection = (select 'library:' || libraryID from groups where 'group:' || groupID = collection) where collection like 'group:%'] [ERROR: no such column: collection]"]
[JavaScript Error: "State check failed due to transaction in progress"]
[JavaScript Error: "State check failed due to transaction in progress"]
[JavaScript Error: "Cannot start a DB transaction from a different wait level"]
[JavaScript Error: "Error: Transaction in progress in Zotero.Sync.Server._checkSyncUser" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 652}]

version => 4.0.26.3, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.26.3, extensions => LyZ (2.1.7, extension), Paper Machines (0.4.6, extension), Abbreviations for Zotero (1.0.140, extension), Zotero automatic export (1.1.9.1, extension), ZotFile (4.1.5, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.9.SA.4.0.26.3, extension), Zotero Better Bib(La)Tex (0.9.36, extension), Shockwave Flash (11.2.202.460, plugin), VLC Web Plugin (, plugin), Zotero Scholar Citations (1.8.4, extension, disabled)
  • [QUERY: update betterbibtex.autoexport set collection = (select 'library:' || libraryID from groups where 'group:' || groupID = collection) where collection like 'group:%'] [ERROR: no such column: collection]
    You should report this to the author of the Better BibTeX plugin.
  • Do you think that is the cause? or a symptom? I will re-try with that extension.

I just noticed that in Zotero in firefox, the details pane for each reference item only shows "Item Type:" (just the label), and no data and no other labels (the pane is empty except for that text).
  • You can see right in the error message — this is an error from Better BibTeX. This isn't a Zotero issue.
  • Righto, I'll let them know. I just tried removing the extension, and yep, it was the problem. Thanks for the quick response!