Import Comments from Acrobat

Hi,

I am looking for a possibility to import my highlighted texts in pdf files (safed as comments in acrobat) and my usual comments as notes in zotero. is there any chance of doing this? and if not (what i think up to this moment) wouldn't this be a nice feature for the future? ;)

yours
chris
  • And to add something to my wish: it would be great to chose the information that is to import - so for example I only need the cited pages and not all the other information (commenter, date, time etc.) that are provided with the acrobat comments... and the best would be if i could be able to cite these notes/comments with zotero in my word processor...

Or do you know otherwise a tool with which I can do this - because I am looking for this kind of function since a very long time.
  • ooookay... i was blind. just a few minutes ago i found this: ZotFile
    Advanced PDF management for Zotero (http://zotfile.com/) which did the trick for me - mostly!!!
  • yup, ZotFile is the way to go on this.
  • hi adamsmith,

thank you for your answer - the only questions that is left is now: how can I use/bring the notes as citations into word (except via copy/paste)? is there also a plugin I haven't seen until yet?

thanks! chris
  • no, there's not automated way to do that. May happen at some point -- it's certainly something people have talked about -- but it won't be very soon.