Zotero Update for Firefox

Firefox is telling me that Zotero is out of date. I have the following Zotero plugins: Zotero 4.0.26, Zotero Word is 3.1.18, and Zotero Scholar Citations is 1.9.1.

Firefox is at 37.0.2 and wants to update. When I hit the download link in Zotero while I am in the current version of Firefox I do not get an update link. What is happening? And what should I do?

Percetta
  • You should be at 4.0.26.4 and at 3.1.19 for the Word add-on.
    You can update by manually re-installing (that will not delete anything--it's just like an update) but you should probably check why it's not working automatically, most likely because of this:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/updates_not_detected
  • What I discovered was that my Word plugin is 3.1.18. Can I just install the plugin? And if so, can I install over the current plugin or disable it first? Dumb question I know!!!

Percetta
  • OR!!!!!!!!

Can I turn on the plugin now for automatic update and will it automatically update Word without me having to reinstall or manually update Word?
  • generally auto-update should just work. Did you have that manually disabled? (But yes, you can just install to update).
  • adamsmith, if you go to tools and then addons, you get the firefox addons and extensions. If I go to extensions, and where it shows the word plugin there is a link that says 'more', and when I click on it, it shows that I am set to 'default' instead of 'on' for automatic update. If I set it for 'on' now, will it automatically update or do I have to manually do it?

Percetta
  • that depends--the default behavior on Firefox is to update automatically, so unless you have changed that default behavior, changing the behavior of any give add-on to download automatically doesn't make a difference.

You can try to do "check for updates" from the tool-icon at the top of the add-ons page. If that's not working, neither will automatic updates (and vice versa).
  • Thanks again, adamsmith. You are a heck of a dude!