Lose entries when connected to net...

For the past few days, I have been "losing" my whole database when I connect to the net. I say "losing" only because there are no entries in the firefox version of the database. Fortunately, I can recreate it because the actual database does not get erased, it is only the Firefox expression of it that disappears from my screen, and were I to enter an entry, it would appear on screen, but not in the standalone database on my computer, thank goodness. Is anyone else experiencing this?

M. W. Poirier
  • Report ID?

I'm generally not sure what you mean here, so a screenshot (posted to Dropbox or similar, with a link here) may be helpful, but if you mean that your Zotero library is coming up blank in Firefox and won't show new items you add from the New Item menu, you should try disabling your other Firefox extensions.
  • It comes up blank, as you say, but it will show a new entry if I add one. But I usually delete that new entry for fear that it may damage my much larger database on the computer. I'll experiment with my Firefox extensions. The only new extension that I have is Adblock Plus, and that is to eliminate the flood of adds that have been attacking us over the past little while. In fact, I have the feeling that these adds may be the culprits. Thanks for the advice.

M. W. Poirier
  • are you sure zotero for firefox is pointed to your Standalone database? It sounds like you have both installed?
  • Yes, I have both the Standalone version and the Firefox version installed, and they are definitely both pointing to the same database. I know that my problem is of recent origin, and I cannot think of anything that I have done to upset the arrangement except install Adblock Plus, originally I had just Adblock. Thanks.

MWP
  • Again, we need a Report ID before we can help you further.