Component returned failure code 0x80070057

Hello,

One of our Zotero users has the following Sync error message:

Component returned failure code 0x80070057
(NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIFile.create]

Although I can find the same failure code in the forums, I do not find a previous post with all of message content (e.g., nsIFile.create).

We tried disabling extensions, but that has not helped. Sync seems to be working, but the error message persists.

We don't know what to do next.

Will appreciate help in resolving the error.
  • Forgot to include the Report ID, which is 2020597821.
  • If you have Firefox, install the latest 4.0 Beta into that, close Zotero Standalone, and try syncing with the beta Zotero for Firefox.

If that doesn't help (or if you don't want to install Firefox), we'll need a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that fails.
  • Apologies for taking so long to follow the above instructions. Performed option number 2 and submitted a DeBug ID, which is D717682529. I hope some advice can be provided.

With kind regards,

Al
  • edited June 3, 2015
    Paste TMT73HKA into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode. The file associated with that attachment is a Windows shortcut (.lnk file), which shouldn't be in Zotero. Delete the attachment, empty the trash, and try syncing again (and if it presents a conflict, choose the local, deleted version).
  • Thank you. The error has been resolved. The .Ink file did not appears as an attachment to the record. Deleting the record resolved the issue.