Error ID: 1350720309, Reconciliation unimplemented for tags

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Reconciliation unimplemented for tags' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

Newest everything, Synch 1.5 3.4, firefox 3.0.4, on Win XP (SP2),

Using 2 computers (at the same time). Home computer reports the error id above. It's probably related to a Note that I moved to a sub-child collection on the Work computer. I tried to delete to move the note (and even delete it) on both sides, but the problem persists.

From reading the advice on other discussions, I get the sense that this error should not interfere with other synchs, but I believe that in my case it actually prevents any further syncs (I am not sure how many files are newer on the home computer, for example).

One more point. After a few attempts of resynching the Home computer, Firefox actually crashed (nicely, Zotero warned him). I don't have the Report ID for it.

Any suggested way to avoid a time-consuming resetting of everything on the Home computer? (I particularly would like to avoid re-transferring all linked files (PDFs), etc).

Oops, I tried to export and import as RDF, one possible item (+pdf) that existed on Work computer only. When I synched this change from Work to server, and then from server to Home, a new error occurred, that I'll list here:

Report ID: 1677639473

[JavaScript Error: "col.lockDateModified is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 2047}]

-Alex
  • I agree. I also would like to know in some detail what actions to avoid to prevent having to rebuild my databases. Regrettably, failure of databases to sync can present quite a time sink.

I have previously asked for similar guidance but no comments were made.

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/4674/reconcilliation-error-what-causes-them/#Item_1
  • From reading the advice on other discussions, I get the sense that this error should not interfere with other synchs, but I believe that in my case it actually prevents any further syncs
    Unhandled conflicts stop and revert the entire sync process. (It's file conflicts that shouldn't interfere with the syncing of other files.)

We'll look into the col.lockDateModified error, but it may just be an artifact of the earlier "reconciliation unimplemented" error. For now, it's safest to restart Firefox if you get such an error.

Support for the remaining unhandled conflicts will be added soon, so, if you don't feel like going through the reset process, your current conflicts should be addressed at that point.

I've explained the simplest way to avoid conflicts in the meantime on p.f.'s thread.
  • edited December 3, 2008
    Hi Dan,

I ended fixing the problem. I didn't systematicaly investigate how to fix it. Among the things I tried that eventually may have fixed the problem - removal of offending item from library at W. Restarting of Firefox on W. In addition, I also "Cleared Server Data" on H (and maybe "Reset Server Lock" on H). Eventually, once I restarted firefox on W, the syncs were properly handled in both directions, without errors.

-Alex

Reason for edit: I was using version 3.4 on both sides after all.