Abstract as Resource Type

Are there any plans to add Abstract as a resource type? When I imported my library from RefWorks, all of the abstracts were interpreted as books.
  • What file format are you using and how does that file specify that they are abstracts? If the type in an RIS file is 'ABST,' it should be interpreted as a journal article. Is there a benefit of having an "abstract" type over, say, falling back to "document?"
  • The "Document" type looks like it will drop the volume and page numbers. The resources that I'm dealing with in this case are abstracts that were published in journals. The closest option would be Journal Article, I guess. However, the fact that the resource is an abstract would be lost in the citation. I use APA format, and for the abstract citations I include the resource type in square brackets after the title ("Title of the resource [abstract]."). I guess I could just index them as Journal Articles and put "[abstract]" at the end of the title for the time being. (I noticed that the Letter type doesn't take volume and page numbers either, so I guess this type wouldn't work for letters published in journals?)

I just installed Zotero today, and haven't even attempted to generate a bibliography yet, so forgive me if I'm missing something(s).
  • I noticed that the Letter type doesn't take volume and page numbers either, so I guess this type wouldn't work for letters published in journals?
    I'd consider the letter type for personal correspondence & think that letters in journals are still, fundamentally, journal articles.