Citations not showing up in Classic Dialogue in shared document

I have a shared document (i.e., being emailed back and forth) in Windows Word 2013 with references formatted using fields and stored in the document. Both authors have added items to the document from their own (non-shared) libraries. If I try to edit one of the items that is not from my library using the Classic Dialogue, no items show up. This happens whether it is a single or multiple citation. If I add an item to the citation from my own library, the citation changes to include only that item (and not the original ones--either displayed on the page, in the Quick or Classic Dialogues, or in the field codes).

If I show fields using Alt+F9, all of the reference information is shown. If I edit the citations using the Quick Add dialog, everything works properly.

Zotero Standalone (4.0.26.4) [also occurs with the current beta]
Word 2013
Windows 7/8.1

Edit: This also happens with a new document with a single non-shared citation in it.
  • I think that's because the classic view was written before--and thus can't handle--embedded citations. My understanding is that Simon (or Dan) don't intend to do much fixing of the classic view.
  • edited April 14, 2015
    That's right. This thread has some discussion [edit: from all of us, actually] on integrating the classic dialog features into the new one.
  • Thanks for the information!