Saving

Hello,

I noticed something the other day - not sure if it's unique to sync preview or not...

So if I open up Zotero and manually change a record - say I fix an author's name... If I click outside of Zotero's item area - even just switching to another item in Zotero - before hitting "enter" or "tab", or clicking into a different field... The change is lost.

It's not a big deal or anything - but it is a bit annoying... has anyone else run into that?

Mike
  • There's a known issue related to auto-saving of notes in the Sync Preview, but I'm not able to reproduce this with regular item fields. Can you explain the exact steps to reproduce this, and also say what platform you're on?
  • Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay...

I am running Sync Preview 3.3 on Firefox 3.04 on a Vista box... though I think it does the same thing on my XP laptop.

I click on an existing item and then click into any field to edit the data... then make a change...

Now, if I click (near as I can tell) anywhere other than inside the right info pane, the change will not save. If I hit enter, tab, or click to anywhere else in the info pane - including another tab - the change will save.

I noticed it because I would paste something into a field and then click on another item in my library and that change wouldn't save... I had to explicitly hit enter or click another field to force the change.

Hope that helps,

Mike
  • I've had a similar thing with tags on WinXP / FF 3.04 / Sync Preview 3.3. I would type a new tag but it wouldn't be saved.

In fact I have it happening right now. Sometimes it seems as if the focus suddenly gets lost. Sometimes the input box even disappears without me clicking anywhere else.

As yesterday, when I reported another strange issue, a file sync operation is in progress. But perhaps it doesn't have to do with that, but rather with Tidy -- I get lots of errors now (1899958823):

[JavaScript Error: "oTidyBrowser is not defined" {file: "chrome://tidy/content/tidyBrowser.js" line: 220}]
  • mark: Those errors aren't necessarily related, but you might try disabling your other extensions and seeing if you still have trouble.
  • OK, I can reproduce this with attachment tags in the Sync Preview—entering a tag in the popup window and clicking away to another item doesn't save the tag.