Sort by attachment size

My WebDAV server has an attachment size limit that is causing my sync to fail, but I don't have any way to figure out which attachment is causing the error.
  • This isn't going to happen any time very soon (can't speak to if at all), but note that you can just run any disk space analyzer on the Zotero Storage folder to find the largest files. You can then just open them and identify what they are in Zotero and delete them there (or I believe you can use the folder name to search for them in Zotero's "All Fields and Tags" mode.
  • edited April 6, 2015
    Yeah, better to delete in Zotero (and then empty the trash), or else Zotero will keep looking for the missing files during some syncs.
  • edited April 6, 2015
    Unless letteney means here that there's a single file that's too big for the server, not that the total size of all attachments is too big. In that case, start by providing a Report ID.
  • right - in case that wasn't clear, I'm suggesting to look for the biggest file(s) in the storage folder, then delete it in Zotero itself. You shouldn't delete the file in explorer/Finder directly.
  • Yes it is that there is a single file that is too big for the server maximum file size requirement.
  • Yes, that would be a very useful feature!!