only sync "my library" but not "groups"

hi people,

i would like to only sync my library but freeze the status of my group libraries. the background is that some of my groups are inactive since a while and will probably be deleted at some point. i'm afraid the groups (and data) will be deleted after a future sync. Keeping them locally would be fine. they're too large to add them to my library (which i also want to keep the way it is). any other ideas than picking the files in my storage folder and setting them to read-only if that works at all?

thanks
jari
  • on the forum i could only find people trying to do the opposite which apparently doesn't work. thus the new post
  • sorry, can't be done. You could export the group to Zotero RDF to preserve it in case it gets deleted.
  • no worries, i still love zotero! :)
    customizing the syncing process especially in terms of folder and groups seems to be pretty sought after. is it hard to implement or a policy choice?
  • I'm pretty sure the way sync currently works it basically can't be done. With the next major Zotero version, at least the technical side is feasible, but that still leaves both the technical and - in many cases more difficult - the GUI aspect of it to be implemented, so there's still the resource question.