sync errors- loss of highlight, snapshot in incorrect collection

On Work (W) PC, I created new item. I annotated (highlighted) the snapshot in a bunch of paragraphs and added a note to it. Let's call this Item X. I also decided to put it in a new collection.

Next day at home, I decided to check what Item X looked like on my Home (H) PC. After waiting for the sync. to finish I noted that Item X was indeed there in the correct collection, and, unsurprisingly the highlights were missing (can't wait for that to be implemented!!).

Problem came when I got back to work and checked my Work computer. When I clicked on Zotero it tried for a long time to sync. - without success. I noticed that when I hovered over the sync. icon it listed yesterday as the last successful sync. I eventually killed firefox and restarted it.

Now, the sync proceeded but not without consequences. Snapshot from Item X lost its highlights (did it inherit the -unhighlighted- Snapshot that now resided on my home computer?!). More worrisome, however, was that I now noticed two new snapshots stored under this item that had moved from a completely different collection.

So a few questions:
1) A snapshot X containing highlighting on Computer W with a date of 11/18, when it gets transferred to Computer H on 11/19, does it inherit the modification date of its parent (11/18) or does it incorrectly receive a modification date of 11/19 - meaning that on the next synchronization it will supercede the parent on Computer W?

2) What, if any, is the most likely cause for the unwanted movement of snapshots into the wrong items/collections?

3) Would errors for (2) likely be captured by debug procedure (I am using Win XP, so I have held off turning that on)?

Using all the latest tools - Firefox 3.0.4, zotero 1.5-sync3.3

Thanks,
-Alex