support requested for Bookshare.org, an accessible library for the people with print disability (bli

hello members and developers,
I am a visually impaired person (blind), and find Zotero useful to me in manifold ways.

I have earlier posted concerns regarding accessibility of Zotero with screen-readers and got a few very informative replies as well. I would rather reserve my accessibility concerns and requests for later, now would request your kind support for working with Bookshare.org:

Bookshare.org is a non-profit initiative from US and offers coverage in many countries including India (where I belong). It is also the sought of site like JSTOR or google scholar in listing books with download links for the subscribers. However, Zotero and bookshare do not go with each other... It will be highly helpful for the visually impaired people across the world if Zotero can be made to work with bookshare.org as it fantastically does with google scholar, jstor, amazon and a lot more....

hope some developers will be in a position to devote their valuable time towards this also...

thank you.
  • I would like to add, Bookshare is absolutely a legal online library for the print-disabled!
  • unfortunately, Bookshare doesn't offer any structured citation data on its pages: e.g. Google Scholar allows you to export bibtex, JSTOR has RIS export, most library catalogs have options to access MARC--bookshare has none of that, so anything we build would be low quality and break very easily.
    You could try contacting them about including better metadata with their books.
  • MARC records? Bookshare has many users of our API and metadata, but we did create the library (largest online library for people who are blind or otherwise print disabled) in this century, not the last one.
    http://developer.bookshare.org/docs/read/API_Overview
  • oh cool, API will do nicely.
    @Dan, it would probably make sense for Zotero to apply for an application key rather than for me to do this. Would you?
    http://developer.bookshare.org/docs