How to define style and position of a prefix?

Hi,

is it possible to automatically create following:

Palandt/Meier, § 12, Rn. 3.

by typing "Meier" as a prefix when inserting the quotation? "Palandt" is the short title.

I need this to correctly quote a legal commentary: Usually those commentaries are created by many authors who have to be quoted by § while one doesn't quote the editor of the whole commentary. So far I typed "Meier" as prefix just to remeber it when I edit the quotation and change the position and style (italic) using the editor. But when I quote several commentaries, this is a mess...

I am using this style:

https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=stüber

As far as I understand, I would need to script something that makes a prefix written in italics and positions it after a "/" right after the short title.

Any ideas? :)
  • can't really be done, sorry. You could use "suppress author" and then do
    Palandt/<i>Meier</i>,
    as a prefix.

If people need these types of citations (rather than "Meier in Palandt"), there's not going to be an alternative to adding every used entry from legal commentaries as a separate Zotero item and coding this differently in the style.
  • You cannot move the prefix or suffix inside a citation, actually you cannot change the affixes from CSL anyhow. You would need to create individual items for every "Bearbeiter" of the commentary, which you want to cite. Maybe, you can switch to another German law style which were implemented lately and try to overcome this issues as good as possible, see this blog post.
  • edited March 14, 2015
    Thx for your quick reply. What a pity. Of course I always suppress authors (=editors) when quoting commentaries. :)

Although in my current project I coulnd't use it anyway: Is it possible to create "Meier, in: Palandt" using the prefix "Meier"? I just released a book of 520 pages where I always put the author into "prefix" (to remeber it) and then replaced "Bearbeiter by it in the editor... :o
  • @zuphilip
    Thank you, I didn't notice that there have been further styles published. :) But since I changed Stüber a lot for my (=my editors) needs, I will stick to it and have to keep on editing commentaries using the editor...
  • well, you could just look at the approach taken in the new styles and implement them in your version of Stuber.
  • Hmm, they all seem to prefer "Bearbeiter, in:" for what reason ever... seems that I should publish in other journals. Anyway, thx for your support!
  • no, that's not mysterious -- the reason is that the that's the only way to use the prefix for the Bearbeiter.

But you still have the two options I specify:
    add the items to Zotero invididually and code the style accordingly or put both the Bearbeiter and the editor(?) in the prefix field.
  • I see... the 2nd option you proposed will do it best for my needs.