Integrate Zotero in website

Perhaps this should be posted in a different category but I was wondering whether it is possible (or will be possible) "to integrate" one's Zotero library into a website.

For instance, let's say I run a website on the basis of an open source CMS (like Drupal or Joomla). Or let's say I have a blog on the basis of Wordpress.

Would it be possible to upload the Zotero folder (in the profile of my Firefox browser) on the server on which I host the website, which would allow visitors to the website to access my zotero folder, once they download the Zotero add-on?

In other words, could remote access to a given Zotero folder be possible via a website?

Thanks,

r
  • edited February 27, 2007
    There are plans to develop a central server-side version of Zotero. You could already export an HTML bibliography from Zotero. You could also write your own code to use the same database structure Zotero has. I wouldn't suggest using the original Firefox profile for this (SQLite isn't made for concurrent access).--either use a copy or, better, export the database to MySQL or postgres.

My research group's personal solution is to use Zotero as a gathering tool and to use refbase as a central web-based repository. refbase can import formats which Zotero exports and has embedded metadata which is discoverable by Zotero. Other open source, web-based bibliographic managers may also work.