adding items to a group library

Recently got a new computer. Downloaded Zotero for Firefox. Trying to add an item to a group website, but when I click the Z in the upper right corner of my browser, only "my library" shows up, so I can't get the item to go to the group library I belong to.

ideas?
  • have you synced successfully? Are you sure groups aren't just collapsed (little triangle to the left of "Group Libraries")
  • Thanks, Adam. There is no "Group Libraries" displayed at all, only "my library" (and subgroups titled: Untitled, Duplicate Items, Unfiled items, and trash).

I've never attempted to sync in the year that I've been using zotero with this group; though my old computer always gave me a group library option when I attempted to add and item from a website. Not sure how syncing would solve my problem, but I'm openn to you explaining it to me.

Thanks!
  • The only way Zotero is aware of which groups you belong to is by syncing. If you don't sync, groups will never show up in your local version of Zotero. I can't tell you what you did on your old computer -- likely you had automatic sync set up and simply weren't aware of it or forgot about it. But if you saved items to your group and they appeared online, you definitely synced. There's no other way.
  • thank you for explaining that. It solved the problem.